* Dan Green's The Reading Experience continues its dueling reviews look at the NBA nominees. His latest partner is Scott Esposito of the excellent Conversational Reading. This morning they take on Christine Schutt's Florida, and it appears Dan's deepest wishes have been granted - there's a duel, at last.
* Yann Martel reads and You Are There.
* Golden Rule Jones - who is sort of terrifyingly well-read - gives us a quick but thorough education on Roberto Calasso.
* The lovely J-Fly demonstrates why we long ago gave up on the UCLA writing program.
* Although he quit these parts, Los Angeles is clearly never far from the mind of C. Max Magee, host of The Millions, who writes to alert us about this petition to name a Los Angeles street after F. Scott Fitzgerald. (L.A. Observed also has the goods.)
* BONUS PICK: Finally, a really special site. The loveliest man in the known universe, to whom we pretty much owe all, has launched a blog of his own (despite his initial professed loathing for all things blog) called Middle-Aged Men Pulling Muscles. To celebrate his 40th birthday, Eric Brown is treating himself to Mets Fantasy Camp in Florida. In addition to being a truly glorious human being, Eric can be fucking hilarious so please do check in over the next few weeks with his chronicle of Ben-Gay and strikeouts.